About us » Dulwich Hill Football Club
Dulwich Hill Football Club is a Sydney-side soccer team that competes in the third division of the local soccer league in New South Wales, the National Premier League (NPL3).
Dulwich Hill Football Club was formed in 1968 by the Association of the Portugal Madeira Club in Dulwich Hill, a suburb of the city of Marrickville, a sister city to Portuguese city of Funchal, capital of the archipelago of Madeira in Portugal.
The first clubhouse of the association was located in Dulwich Hill, so its members decided to adopt Dulwich Hill as the official name of the association’s football club. After all, it all startted in Dulwich Hill…
The founding members of the association shared a passion for soccer and saw the local soccer competition as a vehicle for the integration of new settlers into the Australian way of life and at the same time increase the local exposure in New South Wales to Portuguese speaking peoples.
Today, Dulwich Hill Football Club has 7 teams competing in National Premier League, three adults teams and four youth teams.
- Youth: NPL2 (under 13, under 14, under 15 and under 16)
- Adult: NPL3 (under 18, under 20 and 1st team)
The 1st team of the Dulwich Hill Football Club has had mixed successes in the NPL3 competition, which it has:
- Disputed the Grand Final three times (1988, 2008 and 2009).
- Won the Grande Final once (1988).
- Finished minor premiers twice (1988 & 2009).
- Finished runners-up once (2013).
- Dully wins Grand Final in 2019 (under 16s)
- Dully finishes minor premiers in 2019 (under 14s).
Trofies won by the Dulwich Hill Football Club are on display at the Portugal Madeira Club.
Committee Members of Dulwich Hill Football Club
The Dulwich Hill Football Club is run independently by a sub-committee of Portugal Madeira Sydney Social and Cultural Sports Club members appointed by the committee of members of the Portugal Madeira Sydney Social and Cultural Sports Club.
To find out more about the Dulwich Hill Football Club, visit their own website and follow their own Facebook page.
- Office: (02) 8123 0996
- Club: (02) 8123 0982
- Fax: (02) 8123 0998
- Thursday: 10:00AM to 9:00PM
- Friday & Saturday: 10:00AM to 12:00AM
- Sunday: 10:00AM to 6:00PM
- Wednesdat to Friday: 10:00AM to 4:00PM